By Lyre's Spirit Co
7th Sep 2022
Thanksgiving is the perfect time to show off your cocktail-making skills with beautifully crafted libations specially made for guests of all kinds. With such a diverse group expected at most Thanksgiving celebrations, it's important to ensure each menu item caters to different tastes and circumstances, including the drinks menu! So whether it's a classic glass of non-alcoholic wine, a mid-meal mocktail, or a dessert treat, serving non-alcoholic Thanksgiving drinks allows everyone to join in the festivities with a lovingly crafted concoction in hand.
What are traditional Thanksgiving drinks?
Traditional Thanksgiving drinks typically involve flavours reminiscent of the season, as well as drinks that pair well with a long, heavy meal. Flavours such as cranberries, sweet pumpkin, apples, oranges and pear, marshmallows and pecans create show-stopping Thanksgiving drinks fitting for the holiday. Families often have their own traditional Thanksgiving drinks, too, based on years of celebrations and long-held family traditions and recipes.
What is the most popular drink on Thanksgiving?
As Thanksgiving rolls around, all the familiar scenes and scents of spiced cider, warming turkey, caramel apples and pumpkin pie start returning in all their nostalgic glory. You wouldn't be alone in thinking the most popular Thanksgiving drink might be filled with one of these familiar, delicious flavours - but, as it turns out, the most popular Thanksgiving drink is actually a classic.
According to recent studies, most Thanksgiving party-goers like to enjoy wine with their meal. At Lyre's, our award-winning non-alcoholic sparkling wine - Classico Grande - is lovingly crafted to give you the freedom to enjoy your favourite Thanksgiving dishes and still wake up in fine fettle to pursue whatever tickles your fancy in the morning.
Non-alcoholic Thanksgiving mocktail recipes
Thanksgiving is a delightful time to celebrate your blessing with your closest family and friends amongst good food and drinks. Even if you plan on serving alcoholic drinks with a festive twist, accounting for children and sober-conscious adults is essential for an inclusive gathering. The good news? There's an endless variety of delicious, non-alcoholic Thanksgiving drinks perfect for pairing with a heavy meal and the joyful merriment of Thanksgiving. We've listed three of our favourite Thanksgiving mocktail recipes below.
Alternatively, If you're looking for non-alcoholic wine, our award-winning Classico Grande offers distinct and contemporary flavours, with generous aromatics and classic green apple tartness followed by a soft richness of pear, peach and red apple on the palate.
If you enjoy a Thanksgiving mocktail on the sweet (but not sickly) side, you'll rejoice in Lyre's Festive Mimosa. It's so good it almost makes Uncle Terry's dad jokes bearable at Thanksgiving dinner.
- 60mL Classico Grande
- 30mL Lyre's Aperitif Rosso
- 30mL Lyre's Dry London Spirit
- 45mL orange juice
- 1tsp premium vanilla syrup (not vanilla essence)
- Orange (garnish)
- Lemon (garnish)
- Mint sprigs (garnish)
- Add all ingredients to a large or stemless wine glass
- Stir, and fill with fresh ice
- Garnish with an orange slice, zesty lemon wheel, and plump mint sprig
Lyre's Winter Spritz
Nothing says Thanksgiving quite like the turn of the season, enjoying refreshing Thanksgiving mocktails with good food and good company. Lyre's Winter Spritz is slightly sweet, deliciously refreshing, and so good you'll want to pour glass after glass after glass.
- 30mL Lyre's Aperitif Rosso
- 30mL Lyre's Italian Orange
- 45mL grapefruit juice
- 1tsp premium cinnamon syrup
- 60mL premium bottled tonic water
- Grapefruit (garnish)
- Rosemary sprig (garnish)
- Add all ingredients into a highball glass
- Fill with fresh ice
- Garnish with a grapefruit slice and aromatic rosemary sprig
Lyre's Gin Gin Mule
What do you get when you take a mule, a mojito, and add a dash of Lyre's Dry London Spirit? A Gin Gin Mule! Snappy and delicious, this modern classic is so refreshing it's truly memorable.
- 2 parts (60mL) Lyre's Dry London Spirit
- ¼ part (7.5mL) white sugar syrup (1:1)
- ½ part (15mL) lime juice
- 3 parts (90mL) of premium ginger ale
- 8 mint leaves
- Add ingredients into a tall and fancy highball glass
- Fill with ice and stir
- Garnish with a zesty lime wedge and plump mint sprigs
Non-alcoholic Thanksgiving punch recipes
Looking for some non-alcoholic Thanksgiving punch recipes with all the flavours of Thanksgiving? Give these crowd-pleasers a try!
A delicious combination of apple cider and blood orange with an effervescent sparkle and a seasonal taste. Sweetened with your choice of spiced syrup, this non-alcoholic Thanksgiving drink recipe is destined to become a new family favourite.
You’ll need (serves 30):
- 2 litres of apple cider
- 1 cup of spiced syrup (purchase online or make your own)
- 2 cups of frozen cranberries, divided
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- 1 ½ cups chilled sparkling blood orange juice
- 750mL chilled sparkling grape juice
- Cinnamon sticks (garnish)
- In a large pitcher, combine apple cider and spiced syrup, then stir
- Add half of the frozen cranberries and all of the apple and orange slices to the pitcher; cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow the flavours to combine
- When ready to serve, pour the pitcher into a punch bowl filled with the remaining cranberries, then add the sparkling blood orange and grape juice
- Stir, serve and enjoy
Taking less than five minutes to make, the Spicy Pear Punch will leave you with plenty of time for celebrating. It's not too sweet and tastes like Thanksgiving (if Thanksgiving was a punch).
You’ll need (serves 6-8)
- 3 cups of pear nectar
- 2 cups of ginger beer
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Rosemary (optional garnish)
- Cranberries (optional garnish)
- Pear slices (optional garnish)
- Cinnamon sticks (optional garnish)
- Nutmeg (optional garnish)
- Mix all ingredients in a large pitcher or punch bowl
- Add 3 cups of ice (or have ice available for individual cups), and serve immediately
What's Thanksgiving without a little pumpkin? This unique non-alcoholic Thanksgiving drink is sure to be a favourite amongst fans of pumpkin pie.
- 9 ½ cups cold apple cider
- 425 gram canned pumpkin/pumpkin puree
- 340 grams of brown cream soda
- 1tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- Apple slices (garnish)
- Whipped cream (garnish)
- Stir together cider and pumpkin in a large pitcher
- Using a whisk, stir until fully combined. If you'd like the punch extra smooth, strain through a mesh strainer (typically not necessary when using pumpkin puree)
- Stir in the brown cream soda and pumpkin pie spice
- Add apple slices and refrigerate until ready to serve
- Serve cold topped with whipped cream